3. Tenderscan respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. Tenderscan collects personal data about our users when you register on our site; create network profiles; respond to a customer questionnaire; and participate in our voting campaigns, as well as through through the use of cookie technology.
A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hardisk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
Use of Personal Data
5. Tenderscan may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, request your feedback. However, Tenderscan will only communicate with you in this way if you selected to receive such communications from us upon registration, and as a registered user you will always be able to change your account settings to disable such communications.
6. Tenderscan may log your IP address and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of improving our service offerings. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
7. Any information Tenderscan collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Tenderscan or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Public Space (Network of members)
8. Any information that customers disclose in the network of members is available to anyone else who has access to that space. Tenderscan cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
Reservation of Rights
10. Tenderscan reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
11. Tenderscan further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
12. Tenderscan reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
13. Tenderscan reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.